Saturday, December 13, 2008

Great Review for Rachel and the Hired Gun

In June of 2008, Author Elaine Levine granted The Five Scribes an interview promoting her first novel, Rachel and the Hired Gun. For many months we'd heard the same ol, same ol that Westerns weren't selling. Authors like Elaine Levine are proving this statement false. I wanted to share with readers the outstanding review Elaine obtained through Romantic Times. If you're interested in learning more about the author's call story, scroll through the Author Interview link listed on the right hand side of the blog. Congratulations, Elaine. ~ Donnell

First-time author Levine draws on classic western themes and a rugged backdrop like a veteran of the genre. Her realistic characters leap from the pages yet never supersede the emotionally charged romance. The western is alive and well with authors like Levine.
4 Stars, Romantic Times

9 comments:

Edie said...

Great review! And, Donnell, you're a great friend for posting it.

Misty Evans said...

Wow, I want to read this and I don't even read Westerns. Congrats on the great review, Elaine! Is this a series?

Misty
www.readmistyevans.com

Audra Harders said...

Great review! I'm so glad Westerns are alive and well! Elaine did a great job of keeping the genre going, too.

Thanks, Donnell!

Elaine Levine said...

Thanks for the congrats, ladies!

Donnell--you are indeed a generous friend! Thanks for posting this update.

Misty--this is the first in my Men of Defiance series. I've turned in the 2nd one to my editor and am working on the third. I'm sure having fun with these rough, western men!

Leslie Ann said...

Elaine,
Congrats on a great review. We've heard Westerns were dead for YEARS! You're proving a great story can put those "rumors" to rest.

~LA

Donnell said...

I cannot wait to read this book. It's so nice to see great things happen to nice people! Edie, Misty, Audra and Elaine, thanks for stopping by. Great things are happening for all of us. Edie, how goes the American Title competition? I better contact you off line. I've been engrossed with my book. Misty, Operation Sheba is on my KEEPER shelf, and Audra, I can see you writing a western. It would be fabulous just as you are! Thanks, gang!

Donnell said...

LA, I posted and then I see you! Yes, it's fantastic to see our favorite genres hitting the shelves. Okay Audra writes the Western; you turn it into a screenplay!

Leslie Ann said...

D! It's a deal, Audra is writing a great one, and I'd be proud to write the screenplay!
~LA

Helen Hardt said...

Yay, Elaine! I can't wait to read this one.

Helen